Almanara Square - دوار المنارة

صور من الحياة في رام الله - فلسطين

Thursday, October 19, 2006

the 'fitna', and the winds of change...

Hello,
The last few days were better.
The reason for this feeling lies in the fact that I have participated in some demonstrations in ramallah.
I decided that if something troubles me, me and my fellow students need to change it. I feel that by demonstrating, maybe something will happen and my family and the Palestinian people would benefit from it.
Many things that a year ago was very basic and easy to find became none exist able today..!

Before 'Hamas' won the elections the situation wasn’t like this!
Since 'hamas' took control over the government, the isolation and siege begun. And it became almost impossible to live in ramallah (in a respectful way….)

Now! , it is time to take part in the demonstrations, and help our nation to make the change!
We are trying to make the government understand that they have to fulfill whatever they promised us. We can make a change!
And now, I have to be with my friends in the square, almanara, and do the right thing for me! Demonstrate.
Those strikes are legitimate!
Palestinians should live in an honorably way! With respect!
Me and my family need to have the basic conditions to live!
And to live like human beings,
And not to be misled by our government every time again and again.
Maybe, when times will be better, I will be back in London, I miss my photography lessons so much! I need to practice all the things I have learned there! Maybe I will start taking pictures of the demonstrations, although this could be quite dangerous.
I would like to buy a new camera, a digital one that will suit me, and help me document my life. And show you my readers how it all looks like in here. But for now I can't afford it.
I just need to wait for better times.
!!كل عام وانت بخير
Hoping,
Asad

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam ya Asad - usmud. Hang in there and keep blogging. Write as therapy and write for the world to read what life is like under occupations. Writing is also "demonstrating" and it is therapeutic for the soul.
Allah ma'akum.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Asad Ramallah said...

I DO MY BEST!
i believe you are right, i should keep writing agianst the occupation

sincerely,
asad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home