Almanara Square - دوار المنارة

صور من الحياة في رام الله - فلسطين

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The end of the story - What will be the next step ???

In the last few days, a major issue has happened.
It all started when the Palestinian ministry of education, headed by the so called moderate hamas, decided to remove and burn all copies of the book "speak bird, speak again".
Do you know the reason?
they say it's because the stories contain "filthy expressions"' well I read it and there were no real "filthy expressions".



This book has been published in 1989 by Some Palestinian academics, and it contains 45 Palestinian folktales.The book tells some popular tales which where told in Palestine, it is being narrated by a woman, and it brings stories from the Galilee, the west bank and Gaza.
In my opinion these stories are important for the Palestinian people and for the Palestinian legacy, in order that we shall not forget our past!
The most important thing that unites a nation is its past! And if Palestine will not have folktales then what else will we have??
The big problem that occurred is that our 'beloved' government has decided to burn these books!
How can it be that the government doesn’t want the citizens to read folktales??
It sounds so ABSURD!—but I guess that "absurd" became the second name for our Hamas government...
It's so ironic that the same Hamas party that the Palestinian citizens have elected is the same Hamas party that decides to ruin our culture, and burn our books, and it’s the same government that hurts my freedom of speech.
When someone wants to speak, and use his freedom of speech, he gets hurt (or maybe his 3 children get killed…)What has happened to my beloved Palestine???Palestine is the only place for me to spend my life, I cannot see life in any other place, despite the hard times and the damned Zionists, I still cannot think of any other place as my true home.Hamas is ruining everything that we have been building here for the past few decades. Burning these books remind me that everyday we are getting more and more backwards, instead of getting upwards.
I can't think about a worse future for Palestine then being a twin sister of Afghanistan and Teheran.Yesterday I've heard that Palestine will get more money from the hamas "parents"- Iran.

Is this the future I'd like my children to live in?
In mini Teheran with the ahmadinijad servant prime minister (in the shape of Ismail Haniya??)..


May we all have a great weekend,Hope to read you replies on this post,
Asad al nimr,
Ramallah.

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Michał said...

Dear Asad,
This news is a great disaster, but according to what I learnt from the Internet, this is in line with other practices in Palestine. If you read the ranking of Reporteres Sans Frontiere, you will find Palestinian Autonomy on one of lowest positions worldwide in the field of the freedom of press. Another issue is what Palestinian children are being learnt at school. According to what I read on www.edume.org reports, the official textbooks promote children with jihadism, no (even future) recognition of Israel and even any historic bounds of Jews to this Land and no positive mentioning of peace talks and any sign of future peaceful coexistence. I fully understand that the living under the Jewish occupation is harsh,but my God, the official teaching should have a minimum of objectiveness, because otherwise there will _always_ be culture of deadly confrontation on this Land,because young people will be taught exclusively about demands for jihadic revenge,but never about positive thoughts of coexistence...
With best wishes - Chris

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger IsraeliDiary said...

I agree. It is wrong. What kind of Democracy is it if books are being burned.

Hamas should concentrate on unity and building the country rather than on buying weapons and fighting against Fatah.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Asad Ramallah said...

I also believe that Hamas should concentrate in building Palestine, and not in demolishing what we have been building in here.
May the news about the unity government will only bring peace for Palestine.
Asad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home