Almanara Square - دوار المنارة

صور من الحياة في رام الله - فلسطين

Monday, October 30, 2006

That's it!

THATS IT-

ramadan month is over, and so is Eid al Fitr.


I have never experienced a gloomy Eid, such as the one that we celebrated the last few days in ramallah.It was horrible to observe the dark side of our reality and of our government. Sometimes, there is a need to let go, its not a shame to say we failed!

The streets of Ramallah are usually become of people every Ramadan, especially upon the evenings, and upon the holiday.

But this year, it was a ramadan that I have never seen.There was no happiness in the streets. Especially at night, when the restaurants are supposed to be full of people. The opposite happened ! most of the people were wandering ramallah streets without an ability to enter a fine restaurant to end the fast.As you know, many of us did not get salary for quite a long time, and that’s the reason for this poor reality.Every Eid, the moment of handing out the gifts is the most happiest moment..But this year........
Many of the people I know had no money to buy any gifts, and if they had, like my family, the gifts were very cheep, and made out of lousy quality (made in china...).

The only places were you could see people gathering around were the bastas (people selling cheep merchandise on the streets).

I got from my beloved parents a new shirt for the holiday, it made me happy because I know it could have been worse.

This was Eid al Fitr 2006.

Thank you hamas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home