Almanara Square - دوار المنارة

صور من الحياة في رام الله - فلسطين

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

PICTURES ON THE WALL

So much is happening in Palestine for the last few weeks, but there are not so many successes..

I heard on news that the minister of the interior, hani alqawasmi already wants to resign the government..


the tahdiya in Gaza is crumbling, there are no indications that our finance minister had really succeeded in breaking the economic siege.


But as I wrote you in my last post, there is a beam of normality
Ramallah's contemporary dance festival has started and I even got a ticket to one of the shows. The performance was by the okhela dance theatre of South Africa. This dance company is concerned with empowering young people through dance and theatre. In the web site of the dance festival it was written that this dance group "uses dance and theatre as a tool to explore ways and means to break down existing barriers".


The performance they put on was by the name – "pictures on the wall". It tells the story of period of the apartheid in South Africa, and that the South African's put the blame of every misfortune or mistake the encounter today on the apartheid shoulders.
The show was very interesting, and I really enjoyed it.It made me think about our own "apartheid and wall".. there is no doubt that the Israeli occupation is the cause for many of our problems, but maybe regarding some of the problems such as the anarchy in our streets, the blame is not only on the occupation.


And we must look into our leaders eyes, and ask them to put aside their own interest, and work together trying to save our Palestine!


For those who are interested in seeing pictures from the festival- please visit their website:http://www.sirreyeh.org/








asad.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger karim said...

Hi Asad,
I'm originally from Ramallah and I'm always interested in meeting people from Ramallah since I don't live there anymore. My e-mial is karim982@msn.com. I look forward to meeting you.
Karim

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Asad Ramallah said...

Hello Karim,
I hope you'll keep reading my blog.
where do you live these days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home